This article lists the changes of the XMedius Cloud platform and services as of 2020-03-18. Note: In Canada and the US, this update will be available on 2020-03-19.
XM Fax 9.1
A new version of SendFAX (18.104.22.168) is available within the XM Fax Client Package for Windows:
Additional Fields for Custom Purposes in Fax Properties
Additional fields can now be enabled and configured to be used as custom fax properties for specific corporate purposes.
- The configuration is available per Enterprise Account through a new tab Additional Fields in General Settings.
- Two independent sets of fields can be configured and used: for inbound faxes and for outbound faxes.
- Both sets can include up to 5 Custom fields (to store custom property values).
- When enabled, these fields become visible and editable by administrators on all faxes, and they can be made visible and/or editable on the user side depending on permissions defined by administrators.
- These field values can be programmatically processed as any other fax metadata (i.e. as variables where applicable or via specific methods in Web Services, Python scripts, XML command files, or as bodycodes in email-to-fax).
Administrative View of Fax Box Delegations
Administrators now have access to the list of all fax box delegations currently set up within an Enterprise Account.
- The list provides an overview of all delegations of the Enterprise Account, showing the fax box owner, the delegate and the delegation start date.
- The list is sorted by fax box (owner's SMTP address) and can be filtered according to the users involved in the delegation (owners as well as delegates).
- Through this list, administrators can edit and delete any existing delegation and can also create new delegations on behalf of users.
- The Fax Box Delegation functionality still needs to be enabled in the General Settings of the Enterprise Account to be effective on the user side, but the administrators can manage the list of delegations even if the functionality is disabled.
Web Phone Book Integration in SendFAX
Users can now integrate their Web Phone Books with their SendFAX application, in addition to the local phone book that was dedicated to SendFAX.
- This integration - which is configurable through the SendFAX options - includes the user's personal Web Phone Book (managed by the user via the Web Client) and any public Web Phone Book that was made available to the user by the administrator.
- When addressing a fax in SendFAX, the user can select the Web Phone Books (personal and public, merged into a single contact list) through the same drop-down list used to select the existing local phone book.
- Personal Web Phone Book contacts can be created from the list of recipients when composing a fax via SendFAX. They can also be edited through the phone book section of SendFAX (while public contacts remain read-only).
Fax Preview in Web Client Composition Section
Users of the Web Client can now preview their faxes before sending them.
- A new "Preview" button has been added close to the "Submit" button of the fax composition screen.
- When the user clicks on
- All pages of the fax (including the cover sheet and all current attachments) are pre-converted and displayed in the embedded fax viewer of the Web Client.
- Administrators can see a "Preview generated" item temporarily appearing in the Outgoing Queue during the rasterization process (although no fax is sent at this time).
- Once the preview is displayed, the user can directly send the fax or return to the composition screen to perform changes before actually sending the fax.
- In Python destinations, added new methods to set and get the language to be used as the locale (i.e. for error messages and solutions, sending and receiving statuses and fax banner).
- A new keyword "DEFAULT" can now be used to specify the use of the default cover sheet when sending a fax.
- The content of the XSLT in Folder Destination Properties is no longer editable. It is now only possible to add or modify XSLT code by creating a ticket with technical support.
- Image rendering improvements: better fax image quality for jpg, png, and tiff files through refined image capture technology.
- The timeout of remote folder destinations is now automatically adjusted according to the folder's data transfer activity.
- Added checkbox to enable or disable peer certificates in TLS communications in FTPS folder destinations.
- Various other improvements and security fixes.