This article provides information about user single sign-on (SSO) integration options that are available for your Enterprise Account.
Supported SSO Protocols & Configurations
The XMedius cloud platform supports the following protocols:
WS-Fed / WS-Trust
This protocol is only usable for configuration with AD FS.
For the configuration, see: Enabling SSO with Active Directory (AD FS) – Using WS-Fed / WS-Trust.
This protocol is usable with many Identity Providers – including AD FS, Okta and F5, among others.
- For a configuration with AD FS, see: Enabling SSO with Active Directory (AD FS) – Using SAML 2.0.
- For a configuration with another provider, see Enabling SSO Using SAML 2.0 (with other IdPs than AD FS).
Supported Client Integrations & Restrictions
- Dots "•" indicate all client integrations that will work once the SSO configuration is done in your enterprise account.
- Asterisks (*), (**) indicate specific client integrations that can work – subject to additional configuration and/or restrictions mentioned in the corresponding footnotes.
- If the cell is empty, this means that the client integration does not currently support the corresponding SSO protocol.
|WS-Fed / WS-Trust||SAML 2.0|
|Web applications (in XMedius Portal)||•||•|
|SendFAX – version 22.214.171.124+||•||•|
|XM SendSecure for Outlook – version 2.0.0.075+||•||•|
|MFP connectors configured in "shared account" or "device login" mode||•||•|
|MFP connectors configured in "user prompt" mode||(*) (**)|
|Mobile Apps (XM Fax & XM SendSecure)||(*)|
|XM Fax Print To Web printer||•|
(*) The public IP address of your AD FS server must be added to an internal white list. Please contact the XMedius Technical Support Team if you need to have this configured (i.e. only if using these client integrations).
(**) Users will have to authenticate using their email address (and not the username defined in their XMedius Cloud account).
User Accounts in SSO Context
Even with the SSO functionality enabled, it is always required to create user accounts within the Enterprise Account. SSO will apply to all user accounts created either before or after enabling the functionality.
You must also be aware of some behaviors and requirements related to SSO activation (Password / Email Address Required to Log in / Two-Factor Authentication).
Creating User Accounts
A tool (AD Sync) can be used to ease the user account creation process by synchronization with your Active Directory (see Synchronizing Users from Active Directory).
Another tool (XMedius Cloud User Importer) is also available on GitHub to import users using a CSV file (see https://github.com/xmedius/xmc-user-importer).
Otherwise, the XMedius Cloud Platform always allows administrators to create user accounts, either manually or by sending invitations (see Managing Users).
- Administrators have the option to manually create user accounts with no password.
- The form to create an account following a User Invitation does not ask users to set a password.