Configuration instructions to print documents from your XM Fax Cloud solution by using the MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud (provided by LNB Solutions Inc).
The MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud
The MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud allows incoming faxes from the XM Fax Cloud solution to be directly printed on site on any TCP/IP based devices (basic or multifunction printers) of any brand – without having to use an external cloud printing service.
How does it work?
The MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud is designed to poll a dedicated repository (folder) to get XM Fax Cloud metadata files and interpret them in order to print the corresponding fax image documents on various printers (according to a set of custom printing rules).
- A fax is received on XM Fax Cloud and the incoming routing table redirects it to a Folder Destination that was specifically created for printing through the MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud.
- The fax is routed (in the form of an image document and an XML metadata file) to the remote location that is configured in the Folder Destination.
- The fax metadata file is detected by the MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud (which is polling the same folder).
- The MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud goes through a list of configurable printing rules and accordingly redirects the document for printing on the selected device.
- Your XM Fax Cloud
solution will need to be configured to:
MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud must be deployed on a
Windows server or desktop having WAN/LAN access and will need to be configured
This article provides all steps to perform this configuration.
Configuring the Tool to work with your XM Fax solution
Setup your XM Fax Cloud service to route faxes so that they
can be processed by the
MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud:
Folder Destination (to be included in your
incoming fax routing process according to your needs):
MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud configuration tool:
Set up your
MFP Printing Tool for XM Fax Cloud license:
Open the License tab and enter your License key.
Configure the tool to retrieve the faxes from the location to
which they are intended to be routed by the previously configured Folder
Open the Settings Tab and set the Working Directory.
Add printers where you would like to print the routed faxes
(multiple printers can be added):
Open the Printers tab, Add a printer and enter the printer information, which includes its Host Name (or IP address).
Add a rule to trigger fax printing on a printer according to
fax property and time criteria:
Select the Rules tab, and Add a rule with the following properties:
Note: In this example, the rule will print incoming faxes:
- Fax property criteria: select a Rule Type and Rule Criteria and enter the Rule Value to match.
- Date/time criteria: use When? to define a specific date/time range, or check Always.
- Printer destination: select the printer in Rule Action.
Managing printing rules
List of Rules
The printing rules are always evaluated from the top to the bottom of the list; they can be reordered.
As soon as a match is found, the fax is printed according to the corresponding rule instructions, and the printing process ends (i.e. the next rules are not evaluated).
Rule Type and Rule Criteria
If you set the Rule Type to * (asterisk), the rule will simply print the file on the specified printer, without evaluating any conditions. This can be useful if you have only one rule to print all faxes on a single printer – or if you need a bottom rule that prints all faxes that did not match any of the other rules.
In all other cases, the Rule Criteria can be set to return a match when the fax property selected in Rule Type either Contains or Equals the specified Rule Value.