The AD Sync Tool enables to import your Active Directory users into your XMedius cloud platform – and to subsequently synchronize (i.e. update/delete) these users on your XMedius cloud platform according to the changes that may occur in your Active Directory user database.
The AD Sync tool is provided in the form of a Python script (and modules) and is intended to be executed from your network.
AD Sync Tool – zip (1 MB)
- An XMedius Cloud account is required to use the AD Sync Tool.
- The computer hosting the
AD Sync Tool must meet the following requirements:
- Run Windows 7+ or Windows Server 2012+.
- Have network access to your Active Directory server with permissions to perform queries to the Active Directory LDAP interface (LDAP, 389 by default).
- Have internet access with permissions to perform outbound TCP connections to your XMedius Cloud Enterprise Account (https, port 443).
Python 3.7.x –
32-bit version – installed.
To get Python, go to https://www.python.org/downloads/ – pay attention to the specifications of the selected package before downloading: version (only 3.7.x), operating system (Windows) and bitness (only x86, i.e. not 64).
- Ensure that the computer that is going to host the AD Sync Tool meets all Requirements.
- Download the latest version of the AD Sync package file provided above in the Download section.
- Decompress the file in the folder or your choice (further referenced as <adsync_home> in configuration steps).
- Prepare your environment and configure the AD Sync tool according to the instructions provided in the following article: Synchronizing Users from Active Directory
- Backup all configuration files (located in <adsync_home>/config) to a temporary folder.
- If you previously customized the file <addync_home>/libs/http/attributes_modifier.py, Backup this file as well to a temporary folder.
- Decompress the zip file to the <adsync_home> folder, overwrite all the files.
- Restore the configuration files copied in step 1.
- Restore the attributes_modifier.py file copied in step 2.