Where to obtain and how to install these additional faxing tools on a workstation.
Installation Procedure for Microsoft Word 2003 or Earlier Versions
- Open Microsoft Word.
- In the menu bar, select Security tab. , then select the
- Click Macro Security.
- If the selected option is Very High or High, select the Medium option and click OK.
- Click OK.
- Open the document xmmerge.doc located in the <install_path>\Client\MailMerge\en folder.
The document opens with a single button: Install the fax server macros.
Click on the button to launch the installation.
After the installation, the new toolbar with two buttons appears at the top right of the Microsoft Word window.
If the macro security was changed to allow this installation, it should be set again to its original level, as shown at the first steps of the procedure.
Installation Procedure for Microsoft Word 2007 / 2010
- Go to the <install_path>\Client\MailMerge folder.
A dialog with three buttons (Install the MS Word Fax Add-In, Uninstall the MS Word Fax Add-In and Exit) is displayed.
- Click Install the MS Word Fax Add-In.
After the installation, start Microsoft Word.
A new tab Fax should appear in the ribbon, and under this tab, two functions: Send Fax and Fax Merge.
To use these functions, please refer to the XM Fax User Guide.