A description of users and how to manage them.
Users can also typically manage most of their account information and settings through the Web portal of your Enterprise Account.
An administrator is a user that has the additional rights to manage the Enterprise Account and Service settings. These rights are provided with the "Administrator" Role in the user profile settings. Administrators are especially responsible of creating and managing all user accounts within the Enterprise Account.
Creating User Accounts
- By invitation – see Adding Users by Invitation.
- By direct creation – see Adding Users by Direct Creation.
- By Active Directory synchronization – see Synchronizing Users from Active Directory.
- By CSV file import (tool available on GitHub) – see https://github.com/xmedius/xmc-user-importer.
Account Creation Generalities
During the user account creation process, the administrator will have to select a group for the user. For more information on the purposes of groups, see Managing Groups
Fax Number Assignment
If the Enterprise Account includes the XM Fax Service, the administrator may need to assign the user to an available fax number. This can be done either during the user account creation process or afterwards. For more information about fax number assignment, see Managing Fax Numbers.
Users are always and automatically notified by email when the system requires to interact with them.
Adding Users by Invitation
This method is the best (and recommended) use case for creating single or multiple user accounts from scratch. It allows the administrator to invite several users (in one shot) to create their account. The administrator needs to enter minimal information and the invitation process lets users complete their account creation by themselves.
- The administrator enters the email addresses of the users to invite, adjusts the available settings and sends the invitations.
- All recipients receive an email invitation with a link to a self-enrolment form they will use to create their account.
- Once invitations are
sent, the list of invitees is shown in the
User Invitations page. Each invitation is
listed here until the invitee completes the account creation.
Note: The invitation link sent to the invitee always expires after 7 days.
Adding Users by Direct Creation
This method provides a way to create user accounts one by one without having to wait for users to respond to an invitation. It also allows the administrator to fully manage the user account settings at creation.
The user account creation form is accessed by administrators via the Users page. The minimum required fields and options to set are marked with an asterisk (*), and the account is created once the administrator validates the settings by clicking Add at the bottom of the page.
Modifying User Accounts
- Users can access and modify their own settings via the User Profile page; they can change their own password under the Security page.
- Administrators can manage all existing user accounts via the Users page (access and modify user settings, delete user account, change user password or request user password change by email).