A description on how to perform fax integration with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook (with or without fax forms for Outlook).
Basically, there is no need for a specific configuration to allow Outlook users to send faxes through an Exchange server, as long as the Exchange server is able to send and receive faxes to and from the Internet. Users will be able to use the basic syntax provided in: Fax Integration with Email Infrastructures.
However when Outlook is connected to an Exchange server, several options become available depending on your integration needs:
- Creation of SMTP send-connector with a "FAX" type address space.
- Installation of the forms on the Exchange server (see Installing the Microsoft Outlook Forms).
Creating an SMTP Send-Connector of Type "FAX"
With Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003
- From the Exchange System Manager, right-click the Connectors node and select .
Create the address space:
- Select the Address Space tab, click Add, and then select Other.
- Ihe Other
Address Space Properties dialog, complete the following fields:
- Click OK and close the dialogs.
With Microsoft Exchange 2007 and Above
- Open the Exchange Management Shell.
From the command prompt, execute the following command:
New-SendConnector -Name FAX -AddressSpace "fax:*;1" -SmartHosts "<Domain>" -DNSRoutingEnabled $false -SourceTransportServers "<HubTransportServers>"Where:
Note: For more information about the New-SendConnector command, refer to the following Web link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998936(EXCHG.80).aspx
- <Domain> must be replaced by the domain corresponding to the region of your enterprise account (i.e. xmedius.com for North America or xmedius.eu for Europe).
- <HubTransportServers> must be replaced with the names of the Hub Transport servers that can use this Send connector.
Installing the Microsoft Outlook Forms
- Notification Incoming Success;
- Notification Incoming Failed;
- Notification Outgoing Success;
- Notification Outgoing Failed;
- Notification Broadcast.
- Microsoft Exchange (2000 or later) must be already installed;
- You must have previously performed the Microsoft Exchange Integration (see previous sections above);
- Microsoft Outlook
(2000 or later):
- Still on Outlook: the
account used to publish the forms must have at least the reading and writing
rights on the public folders base of Exchange and at least an Editor role on
Organizational Forms Library folder, if it
Note: For the users, the only needed right for using the published forms is a reading right on this folder.
To make the forms available for all Outlook users, you only need to publish them once. To publish the forms:
- Download the OutlookForms.zip file (see XMediusFAX Forms for Microsoft Outlook).
- Unzip the file.
- Double-click on the publishforms.exe executable.
A window appears displaying information about the forms.
Choose among the available options to install the forms you want.
Host Name or URL field of the dialog that
is displayed, enter the URL to connect to your Fax Service account (obtained
from us after creating your account).
Remember: This URL has the following syntax:
After you have entered the URL, a field appears for entering
Access Token (used for authentication to
the Fax Service).
Note: The Access Token must have the Send and manage faxes permission type. To create and retrieve such a token, go to Access Tokens from the navigation bar of your cloud faxing service portal.
Select the Outlook profile to be used to publish forms.
Note: The selected account should have sufficient privileges assigned.As each form is published, you may be prompted to enable or disable the macros.
- Click Disable Macros, each time. The Outlook forms are published as selected.
- Click on Exit.