This article explains how to create a SafeBox from the SendSecure Web Portal and provides additional information about managing recipients and favorites while creating the SafeBox.
Creating a SafeBox
- Log in on the Web Portal, access your SendSecure home page and click New.
Enter the information of your recipient:
- Email address is always mandatory.
- Phone Number (direct line only) may be required according to the selected Security Options.
You can add as many recipients as you need. For more options, see Managing SafeBox Recipients & Using Favorites.
Add content to the SafeBox:
Subject This is the only information (in addition to your identity) that will be disclosed in the notifications sent to the SafeBox participants (you and your guests) in order to summarize the purpose of the exchange. Adding a Subject to the SafeBox is however optional. Message The text you enter here will be only visible by the participants accessing the SafeBox. The Message is optional if you add at least one Attachment. Attachments The files you upload here will be only downloadable by the participants who are accessing the SafeBox. Attachments are optional if you write a Message.
- Click Send.
Managing SafeBox Recipients & Using Favorites
Once recipients are added to the list (and before finalizing the SafeBox creation), you can easily remove them, or edit their information and optionally add them as Favorites for later reuse.
- Modify the information (email address, phone number) that you entered when adding the recipient.
- Add a first name/last name (which will allow you to better identify the person in email notifications and Web interfaces) and a company name.
- Add other phone numbers – that will be potentially usable by the recipient to receive SafeBox authentication code – and specify their type (Cell, Office, Home, Other).
- Add the recipient to your Favorites (see below).
To add a recipient to your Favorites, click the gray star at the left of the recipient so that it becomes yellow (either from the recipient list or from the recipient information edition window). This recipient will then be remembered in your account to allow you to reuse it for subsequent SafeBox exchanges.
To manage your existing Favorites, click the Favorites button at the top right of the screen.