This article explains how to create a SafeBox from the XM SendSecure Web Application in order to securely send files. It also provides additional information about managing recipients and favorites while creating the SafeBox.
Creating a SafeBox
- Log in on the Web Portal, access your XM SendSecure home page and click New.
Enter the information of your recipient:
- Email address is always mandatory.
- Phone Number (direct line only) may be required according to the selected Security Options and only if the recipient is a Guest.
You can add as many recipients as you need. For more details, see Managing Recipients.
Compose your message:
Subject This is the only information (in addition to your identity) that will be disclosed in the notifications sent to all SafeBox participants in order to summarize the purpose of the exchange. Adding a Subject is however optional. Message The text you enter here will be only visible by the participants accessing the SafeBox. The Message is optional if you add at least one Attachment. Attachments The files you upload here will be only downloadable by the participants who are accessing the SafeBox. Attachments are optional if you write a Message.
Security Options, select the Security
Profile to use according to the context/content of your SafeBox exchange.
Note: Pay attention to the SafeBox creation behaviors that may change depending on the selected Security Profile (among others, due to the Guest authentication method or the use of a SafeBox Administrator Alias).
- Select More if you need to see and adjust the Security Options in detail (if you have the required permissions).
- Choose the language in which guests will be notified and will access the SafeBox once it is created (this has no effect on recipients that are XM SendSecure users: they will always be notified in the language that is set in their account).
- Click Send.
- The recipients will be notified by email to access the SafeBox in order to securely retrieve its content.
- On your side, the SafeBox appears at the top of your SafeBox list. As its Owner, you can access its content and further manage it (as well as Privileged Participants): see Managing SafeBoxes in XM SendSecure Web Application).
Once they are added to the list (and before finalizing the SafeBox creation), you can easily edit the information of each recipient (or remove them) and optionally add them as Favorites for later reuse.
Overall, the recipient information that is required or at least relevant in the context of XM SendSecure includes:
|An email address||Mandatory.|
|A phone number||At least one direct line number may be required depending on Security Options (and only if the contact is a Guest), otherwise it is optional.|
|A contact's name||For display (optional), to better identify the person in email notifications and Web interfaces.|
|A company name||Also for display (optional).|
|Other phone numbers||Other optional direct line numbers of any type (Cell, Office, Home...) that will be potentially usable by the recipient (Guest) to receive SafeBox authentication code.|
Managing Non-Compliant Recipients
If a recipient is displayed on red background, it means that a phone number (at least one) is required. You will not be able to send your message as long as this recipient is left in that state. To solve this issue, you can edit the recipient to enter the information that is missing.
At worst, if you do not have a phone number for the recipient, you may need to adjust the Security Options – if you are allowed to and if you can assume moderating the intended authentication methods for all recipients according to your secure exchange context.
Editing or Removing Recipients
You can promote as Privileged Participant any recipient that is an XM SendSecure user from your Enterprise Account. By doing so, you allow this person to benefit from the same administrative role as you (the Owner) on the SafeBox you are creating. You can also remove privileges from a recipient that was already promoted.
Auto-Added Privileged Participants
Depending on the selected Security Profile, a predefined set of Privileged Participants may be automatically added to the SafeBox, for example to meet the requirements of a recurrent team workflow.
By design, these participants cannot be removed when creating the SafeBox.
To further manage your existing Favorites, click the Favorites button at the top right of the screen.