This article lists the changes of the XMedius Cloud platform and services as of 2017-07-14.
- Secure file exchanges
via SafeBoxes can now be initiated by anyone, using Secure Links:
- A Secure Link is a reusable public URL that can be distributed to allow anyone to initiate a SafeBox on behalf of a SendSecure user, in order to securely exchange information/files with this user.
- Users can enable their own Personal Secure Link.
- Administrators can create multiple Enterprise Secure Links tailored to specific business needs.
- The responsiveness of
the SafeBox management interface has been improved to provide a better user
- The SafeBox list can now be scrolled down with a smooth result; the loading of further list items is scalable.
- The SafeBox list is now automatically refreshed according to the latest occurring events (new SafeBox created, SafeBox contents read/unread count...).
- A notice of update now appears on top of the SafeBox preview pane when a new event occurs in the currently displayed SafeBox (system event, participant reply...).
- The file upload
management has been improved and complemented with options:
- SafeBox participants (owner and guests) can now upload very large files: the system supports up to 5TB per file (except from SendSecure for Outlook, still supporting up to 5GB per file).
- Administrators can restrict the maximum size of files that participants can upload to SafeBoxes.
- An anti-virus has been implemented to scan all files being uploaded to a SafeBox by any participant.
- Additional SafeBox life
cycle management functionalities are available to users (via Security
- New settings are
available to users in their SendSecure Options:
- Enable/disable the storage of the double encryption key in their browser.
- Enable/disable the auto mark as read of SendSecure contents with option to define the auto mark as read delay.
- Define the default SafeBox list filter and enable/disable the automatic opening of the first item in SafeBox list.
- Define the default language used to notify SafeBox recipients and display SafeBoxes in their Web browser.
- Users can now select Spanish, Italian and Portuguese as the SafeBox recipient notification language (in addition to English, French and German). The SafeBox guest pages are also now available in all these languages.
- Users are now warned – by email and through visual cue in SafeBox – if the notification sent to a SafeBox recipient has been bounced (i.e. a Non Delivery Report has been issued).
- Security Profiles have
been improved and complemented with options:
- Administrators can now define permissions on security profiles to specify which users (or groups) can use them.
- Administrators can now define a default security profile per user (or group).
- Security Profiles can now be set to enable/disable the sending of double encryption key by email to the SafeBox owner.
- Security Profiles can now be made usable (or not) for Secure Links and include specific settings for that context (guest email verification, use of a Captcha).
- New APIs are now available to list and manage SafeBoxes, and to manage favorites.
- A service can now be installed on customer premises to poll command files (json) and deliver them to the SendSecure cloud service (for custom integrations).
- System infrastructure segregation has been increased to improve security.
- Various other improvements and security fixes.